Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Asia baby - first stop: KL

And another Asia chapter started on the 20th of December, right on my lil brothers birthday: after the painful 18-hour trip - though without any dealys due to snow or airports being closed down etc - landed in KL, safe and sound, ready to enjoy every minute of this..... awesomeness..... :D

My neighbour on the plane this time was Edward Cullen's twin-brother, this scary but in some ways kinda beautiful guy from Ukraine, with whom I had a short, and for him - I am assuming - painful conversation: it all started about 20 minutes after I took my sleepingpill.. I was still trying very hard to make some sense but did not succeed at all... And then needless to say, I only managed a 2 hour nap while he, taking my backup pill, slept the whole way to Kuala.

Regardless of the short sleep, I was so excited to see Dave that my good energies got me out of the airport within 20 minutes, and landed at the door of that fabulous hotel room an hour after I touched ground - not a bad effort at all!
The first stroll in the afternoon took us to KLCC and the fav chickenrice shop, then, the second one to Waikiki - god that place changed so much!!! Nothing even slightly resembles to the good old Waikiki bar, its empty and sad, the stuff is ignorant, the drinks are expensive and horrible, not sure I'd want to go back there again. Speaking of empty, it was scary how dead KL was, nothing comparable to the Asian mess I was used to in the past.

The first night with the body-clock-mess was not the best and I only managed a few hours sleep, but spending half of the next day at the hotel pool cured it all.... I thought....
We went to Jln Alor for some char kway tiao and fried stingray for lunch, then to Times Square and convinced Dave to get on the indoor rollercoaster with me - that was AWESOME! I remember trying to get Bernard and everyone else to go with me but it just never happened while living in KL - glad I didnt miss out on it this time. :D it was really cool!

Here are Dave's pics from KL and Langkawi:



Missing out on meeting Sharm and the boys due to their busy schedules, then Nong, my lovely Indonesian massage lady due to some major miscommunication - I was verymuch looking forward to see Jit and meet his son and wife finally. We grabbed some wine and chocolate and took a taxi from KL Sentral to Sunway Pyramids - funny enough, I havent been to that place until now. Jit picked us up with Rahul, had a crazy drive with the 6 year-old wrestling Dave on the back seat, and after some drinks at their lovely home we went for this HUGE chinese dinner: gingeronionchicken, meehoon, sweetandsourpork, friedporkribs, rice, friedveg, x huge bottles of beer and god knows what else - I was ready to die by 11pm when we got back to the hotel.

Well, dieing came a few hours later.... After all the beer and the whiskey at Jit's we finished a bottle fizz and I honestly thought at 4am that I was just having the hangover kicking in... but then the travellers nightmare became reality: the next 5 hours I spent on/around/by the toilet in complete misery... Then, when the antibiotics came back after only 2 sec of contemplating staying within the stomach in the morning, I decided to do pack, get to LCCT, on the plane and find a doc on Langkawi if I didnt get any better. I was in agony. Weak from the "toilet-excercise", lack of sleep and food plus the flying - oh man I was no happy chicken. Survived though, Dave was sweet and patient and took good care of me, and so all the sickness was gone by the morning - lucky enough, had a full day to spend on Langkawi! :)

No comments: