Wednesday, December 01, 2010

3rd of the Malasemanas

3rd week in Malaga and I dont even have time to do my homework anymore.
 
As bad as the weekend started off, I was considering flying over to Amsterdam for this coming weekend, just to get out of here. I went out with my lil friends on Friday - needless to say, the hangover that followed was ridiculous... I guess I am getting old too.. I spent most of Saturday in bed in misery, crazy headache, shitty weather, then Justin, my friend who showed up on my doorstep with Dave back in August, called and cancelled our plans for Granada for the Sunday eve, leaving nothing much to look forward to - ajjjj I wasnt happy. Then in the afternoon I put myself together, got on the bus and went to visit Salva and Lorraine who live about an hour away from here. By the time I got there i was ready to die but they had a little surprise for me: an invitation to Salva's sisters house to a proper Spanish family get together. When we arrived at 10.30 (pm), there were still no signes of dinner, but 4 kids were running around like crazy chicken - made me have second thoughts about ever wanting to have kids -, with 6 adults making more noise than a whole school of kids at home, but it was awesome in the end, had such a great time, I was really greatful that I didnt stay in.
 
Sunday was yoga day: a 5 hour workshop where Marjan, my Dutch friend invited me. I met some great people there: Lori, the instructor with energies out of this universe, Ingrid the hairdresser I am going to pay a visit to tomorrow, Lota the Sweedesh lady living in paradise, and 8 others - it was SO good to be among people with compeltely different origins and lifes and ages but having the similar interests and somewhat the same goals in life...; self realization, love and happyness, ultimately.. Finally the weather cleared up too, after lunch we took Marjan's dogs for a walk to the hills, and then came the best part of the day: the massage therapist angel Marjan offered to treat me before me leaving: I got a 2-hour-long massage. Yaaaaay!! What a lovely day! Topped it off with another nice meal and then Marjan even drove me home - the happy smiling Zsofi was back by the time I got to bed, with absolutely nothing to complain about.
 
Monday afternoon, after considering the options for the coming long weekend, i decided against Amsterdam and instead, booked a kitesurf course in Tarifa.. woohoo! Then Justin called that they ended up in Malaga with his folks so, I met him in the eve after my salsa class; went dancing again yesterday; arranged a movie and tapas night for tonight; got invited for a salsa eve for tomorrow and finally booked tickets for the Alhambra for the 11th - I literally dont have more than 2 hours free in a row until I leave Spain. Thats how I like things to be. :)
 
Most exciting of all of course is, the kitesurfing this weekend - though it is not warm at all, I am so much looking forward to it!!! While looking for accomodation I realized how similar it is to when I was working: you have to be at a place at a certain time, so you pull up googlemap, and instead of major airline websites you search on skyscanner, and instead of looking for rooms in the Hilton or Marriott, you go for hostelworld and couchsuring......... - and you can easily take a 0 off from the end of the total costs.. Awesome! :)

No comments: