Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Winter in Taiwan

Yesterday, which was Wednesday afternoon (23rd of March) I landed in Taipei – and within 2 minutes froze to complete hibernation. Man I forgot how winter is like. Me no like, at all!

After the usual, getting some cash out and a local sim card, I took a cab to Keri's office, to an outskirt of Taipei with factories and dodgeness, and was really looking forward for her to finish her meetings and have some time to chat and start to catch up – its been years since we saw each other last, in Beijing it was, in 2006, looooong time ago. She had a treat prepared for me: shopping in IKEA for my own bed, pillows and sheets – hehe! She just moved over (last week actually) from Salt Lake city and so, hadn't even had a spare sheet in her apartment for me to sleep on. So IKEA it was and meatballs for dinner, then back at her place – which is just awesome, in the middle of Taipei (according to the map….) with a rooftop loft and a terrace and the most incredible bathtub I have ever seen in my entire life (see photos in the next post..) - had some wine, messed around with the internet connection (which still doesn't work, at all) and, both passed out – me in my own new bed - around midnight.

I had no plans for today and when I got up, again quite late, with a ridiculous migrane, I was so cold that I decided not to move at all, eat Weetbix with soymilk, drink hot coffee, wrap up in blankets and watch TV the whole day. Still no internet connection though which is not handy, but at least I could help my dear friend with letting her handyman in to fix the washingmachine, lights, loo, dishwasher, put the curtains on, managed the IKEA delivery and now waiting for the IT person to show up and fix cyberspace……….. and I am still cold.

No comments: