Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Chiang Mai extension

With my (not) newly found enthusiasm in learning the thai massage and Dave doing the course too, I extended my stay with a week - another 6000 THB (approx. 200 USD) but all the poses learnt thats needed to give a full massage; why not.

Dave arrived after 2 nights spent on overnight trains from Laos and Bangkok - he was pretty happy too for the free night's stay we got from Trudi - she won this at the school on the V-day lucky draw, and decided to give it away to a couple to use up - how very sweet and thoughtful of her! :) In return for the nice gift, I invited her to come to a classical music concert with us on Saturday eve - where I was again re-assured that I didnt like Kodaly at all, where bugs were kamikaze-flying off the ceiling the whole time, and David was misbehaving so much that I was having a sore stomach from all the laughing by the end of the concert.. it was so great to have him there again! After the concert we had a few Jacks, many more hours of laughing and talking and even a dance at the terrace of a restaurant, followed by an awesome 10pm snack at the Jerusalem Falafel restaurant - there was nothing that could have ruined my mood.



I booked a visa-run for myself for the 26th to Burma and also, flights for Phuket for the same day - yaaaay, the swimming pool was again in sight in only a week's time. Dave joining the massage classes meant constant laughs for me - imagine when I start to practice and there is a smiley on one of his toes :D - man I had a brilliant time, I dont think I have ever had nonstop giggles for days not ending! :) We stayed on the rooftop's private room of the school for the week for 350 THB per night, had loads of Starbucks coffee at the nearby Airport Plaza, a manicure and pedicure, went to see another (this time, horrible) Thai movie and even had an awesome dinner on the roof with a bottle of red wine - it was just getting better and better every day!

After the exam on Friday, I was doing the visa-run while Dave took a cooking class; and at midnight the same Saturday we landed in Phuket, not having the taxi waiting for us that Mama was going to arrange for us.. Oh well... we were back and the weather was amazing; hot and sticky, perfect for the coming afternoons by the swimming pool....... :D

No comments: