Saturday, February 05, 2011

Plans for February and Cambodia to start with

I know I know I know, nothing for the past month..... it has been......... busy. Okay, not quite, but everything else was more important than spending too much time in front of the laptop - sorry about that.

I start with the plans first, so that you know where I am, why I am not writing.. ;)

I am currently in Cambodia - wait, let me tell you quickly about it. I dont like it very much, at all. Angkor Wat and the temples are truly amazing and worth all the hassle of travelling over here, but if you ask me: dont waste more time here than necessary.
Something is off in this country, and though the first impression, Siem Reap with all the rip-offs was not helping the good overall picture, after 6 days, including some awesome things - like a cooking class in Phnom Phen at the Frizz restaurant -, I still dont like the country. Looking forward to travel to Laos tomorrow.



So Laos is next, the 4000 islands at the south and then Luang Prabang towards the end of the week. We will most likely part with Dave during the week when I head north, he is in no hurry while I have a reservation for a thai massage course in Chiang Mai, starting the 14th of February! :D wooohoooo!
After the course I will make my way back down to Phuket and Mama's - explanation for the love for that place is coming soon... -, Dave will join towards the end of the month, and during the first week in March we fly to Borneo, to climb Mt. Kinabalu and dive Sipadan for my birthday. What an awesome idea was that, dont you think? :)

The post-Borneo plans are not yet clear, depending on the weather (seriously), my finances and my mood, I will either travel to Vietnam for a few weeks or head back home for a while, and enjoy every moment of the beautiful spring, my bed, company of friends and family, a kelkaposztafozelek and the 3million other things that make me homesick more often than you would think.........

No comments: