Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Morocco

Ending in a proper clusterfuck with my (god damned) easyjet flight and no sleep for 28 hours, the Morocco-trip became almost twice as expensive as expected and I left the country with a rather bitter than sweet taste in my mouth. Apart from the horrible exit, naturally there are some really sweet memories I wouldn't change for anything. The (public) highlights were the desert with the hotel of 1000 stars (I think we saw most of the shining spots and dots, along with half-a-dozen shootingstar-per-hour); the camel ride among endless sand dunes that I only saw on the national geographic before; breathtaking sunsets; the annoying millions of flies; the sweetest pots of tea on earth; the excitement before and the refreshing feeling after the hammam (it's the local spa experience, a must do in Morocco!!), the tasty tajine meals; madness on the main square of Marrakesh; a 15 hour overnight busride that was not at all something I would be missing; the craziest reasons for excessive taxi fares; riad owner with 7 kids; no Rick's in Casablanca; illiterate locals speaking 4-5-6 languages – all in all, an absolutely crazy experience!

No comments: